Rooby Whishes

Rooby Whishes

Saturday 27 October 2012

Candle Tip





Cooooooold, so cold. I ordered myself a Pink Polka Dot Slanket......it needs to be here soon!!!!

So I thought I would share this tip with you. Its that time of year when we are burning more candles. I burn candles all year around, but tend to burn more at this time of year, because it is darker, and I just adore candlelight.

And this is what I do when I get to the end, and there is still loadsa candle wax left


For candles in Jars

Poor boiling water into the jar that the candle is in (BE CAREFUL. I normally put the jar where I will not need to move it once the water is in, and in a safe place)

Leave overnight or until the wax has floated to the top, and cooled right down.

Take the wax out and just pat dry with a kitchen towel. If it is a large piece you can break it up. You may need to repeat the whole process if you have lots of wax

For free standing Candles

I put the candle end into a plastic bag, and bash into small bits, or you can put it into a cup, and do as above.

Use the wax in your oil burner, with a tea light. I use it until the scent has run out. I have been doing this for about 5 years now, and it a very economical way to use up all that wax



Excuse Gizzi Paws in the background. He adore this table when its cold, because the heat from the radiator underneath keeps him warm...well really hot, but thats how he likes it!!!! And plus he is near me....awaaaaaaa




Stay warm and snuggly

Love Rooby

No comments:

Post a Comment